Hello my Lovelies! how are you all? I hope you’re all having a lovely week. I’ve started to become more organised with planning blog posts and actually writing them on time lately. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
I thought I would do something different today. A little get ready with me make up post which I guess is pretty self explanatory, but if you don’t eat it, basically I will be taking you step by step through my make-up look that I created today using the Soph X Revolution eyeshadow palette. I must admit thi is one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes at the moment. I’ve been reaching for it quite a lot!
I always start my makeup off by doing my eyebrows first. For my eyebrows I use Ka Brow by Benefit in the shade 3 just to outline my brows and fill them in. My eyebrows are really sparse and thin so this product really helps even them out but still look natural at the same time.
After I’ve finished filling in my brows I use my NYX Full Coverage Concealer to tidy up my brows and make them look sharper. Along side this I then use the L’oreal Brow Plumper in the shade medium/dark to stick my brows in place so no hairs are poking out of anything.
So, the brows are done. Next I move onto eyeshadow, I will again use the NYX Concealer to even out the skin tone on my eyelid (mine are pretty vainy) and create a nice base to start playing around with eye shadows. Now here where it gets a little bit tricky as I use loads of shades from the Soph X Revolution Eyeshadow Palette.
- First I like to create a transition shade to I blend Cuppa Tea and Pug into the crease. Blending them out nicely so there no harsh lines and the two shades are mixed together perfectly.
- Next I add the shade Rosewood into the crease and slightly onto the outer v of my eye. This is a beautiful brown shade which really darkens up the look.
- Next I cut the crease with my NYX Concealer and set the concealer down by blending the shade Penguin on top of the concealer.
- After all of that is set down and blended together I placed the shade Mug Cake on the outer corner of my lid and blend slightly into the crease.
- Next I used my finger to apply Grow Old onto the lid. I always find using my finger to apply shimmery/metallic shades they always have a better pigment pay off.
- Finally to finish off this eyeshadow look, I run the shades Cuppa Tea and Rosewood on my lower lash line to bring the look together.
Now onto foundation. I used the Maybelline Superstay 24hour Foundation in the shade 03 True Ivory and blended this onto my face using a Technique Beauty Blender which leaves the foundation looking flawless on my skin. After applying foundation I use the Collection Long Lasting Concealer in the shade 01 Light under my eyes to hide my horrid dark circles and brighten up my eyes.
Now onto my favourite part, highlighting and contouring. I used the Kiko Smart Contouring Palette in the shade 01 Light to add some definition to my cheeks and bronze up my forehead. Once blended in I moved onto highlighter. Today I used the Sleek Highlighting Palette Solstice and used the shades Subsolar and Hemisphere. These two shades are the most blinding from the palette which I thought would really compliment my make-up look.
To finish off I finally do my mascara. I’ve recently been loving Bad Gal BANG by Benefit. It’s actually amazing and the more I use it the more I fall in love with it. Who doesn’t put love an amazing mascara?
To set my makeup down I use the Avon Setting Spray which is actually pretty good for a budget setting spray. I’m not too fussed on having an amazing one as long as it sets my makeup down I’m pretty easy going.
Here’s my finished makeup look!! Let me know in the comments what you think of it!