Hi lovelies, as you can probably guess from the title I’m finally ready to come back to blogging. After a month out, I’ve taken the time to focus on myself and I’m in such a better state of mind to get back to blogging. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I’ve missed this.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year as I know I did. During my time off it was also my birthday! I became 19 on the 23rd of December, getting old now aren’t I. I can’t wait to tell you all about my holidays.
You’re probably all wondering where I’ve been the past month and what happened for me to need to take a break; but I’m not ready for everyone to know just yet. It hasn’t been easy but I am on the road to recovery and focusing on myself. Whilst I’m on strict bed rest I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for me to get straight back into blogging as I’ve got so much time on my hands.
I’m taking everything in my stride and keeping my head held high. This year is mine.
See you soon,
Hello Lovelies, as you can see from the title above that I’m going to take a small break from blogging and I don’t know when I’m going to be back.
I’m taking some time out due to some personal issues that I’m going through at the moment. Blogging is something I absolutely adore but I’m just not in the right state of mind to put my all into something when I’m not happy myself. I know my blog posts just won’t have my 100% in them and that’s not right.
I don’t want to ditch blogging all together so I will still post when I’m feeling up to it and I have the time.
I hope you all understand.
Hello Lovelies, I hope you’re all doing well, happy Sunday!! I’ve spend most of the day in work rushed off my feet all day so now I’ve finally got time to relax I thought I would share my own family Christmas traditions!
It’s always been a tradition of ours to put our Christmas decorations up on the 1st of December. Some of you may think this is ridiculous and way too early and for some it is! But for me it’s definitely not. Me and my mum always decorate the tree together which is always great fun. We both love Christmas and love getting the decorations up ASAP! (Even if I did ask if we could put them up in November, oops).
Another tradition is having an advent calendar. No matter how old I get I will always have one (I’m 19 in 20 days!) This year I decided to have a Kinder chocolate one. I usually have just your average Cadbury Dairy Milk one but I thought I would push the boat out this year and get a different one. I must say, it’s a lovely treat every morning.
So, now onto Christmas Day. It’s not really a tradition as such but it always seems to happen every year. From a young age my younger brother has always come into my room at around 4am to wake me up to ask me if we can open our stockings! Since he is 14 now he has chilled out a bit and waited until about 6/7am to wake me up which is so much better than 4am. We usually sit on my bed and open our stockings together before getting our parents up to come down stairs with us. No matter what age we are I think this will always be a tradition for us.
Christmas Day we usually have sort of a family party at my aunties or my nans which is always a lot of fun. I think we’ve only missed out on it once or twice but it’s always so nice to have the family together playing board games all night and having a laugh. After all Christmas is about family so its such a lovely night to have, I would hate to miss out on it.
What are you family Christmas traditions? Let me know down in the comments below!
See you tomorrow for Blogmas day 4!
Hello Lovelies, to commence the start of Blogmas I thought I would share with you my top 3 favourite festive movies that are guaranteed to get you in the christmassy mood. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while now you’ll know I am totally obsessed with the movie Elf. So I think you all know which film is going to be at the top of my list.
- My favourite of all time Christmas film is Elf, it’s the perfect comedy Christmas film about. Recently I’ve seen a article stating Elf isn’t the top rated Christmas movie? How this is even possible I don’t even know. Elf is the best Christmas movie, am I right? Will Ferrell is probably one of the funniest actors around and I love how he portrays Buddy the Elf in this movie. One of my favourite scenes has to be when he first meets his dad Walter and sings to him. “I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOOUU!”
- I absolutely love the Home Alone movies, however I only like the 1st and 2nd because I think the 3rd and 4th just got ruined when they introduced the new little kid. (Sorry to those who love these films but I’m just not a fan!) Home Alone 1 is just an absolute classic and personally I couldn’t go a Christmas without watching it. I think the movie has a great plot behind it although I refuse to believe his parents would make the mistake of leaving him alone once let alone twice. Overall, I think we can all agree this is probably one of the best Christmas movies.
- Next we have The Grinch. I never used to like this film until last year because I thought the character ‘the grinch’ was actually quite scary… I know. After overcoming my fear I actually think the movie is really good and is very entertaining. Personally, I don’t think anyone could have done as good as a job as Jim Carrey did. The film is super creative and I do feel the movie sends out a sentimental message about Christmas. It’s not about the gifts and money it’s about being together, I think that sums up Christmas brilliantly.
What are your favourite Christmas movies? Leave a comment down below!
See you tomorrow for Blogmas day 3!
Hi lovelies, I hope you’re all having a lovely day.
It’s finally December!! I had the great pleasure of opening up my Kinder Chocolate advert Calendar this morning which I was super happy about! I’ve also watched Elf 4 times already but hey it’s acceptable now, it’s December!
I thought I’d just do a little update Post for your guys to let you know what’s being going on since I last posted.
So since I last posted I’ve got 2 new gerbils! Sadly my last one passed away and I was missing him too much I had to get some new ones!! Having gerbils may sound silly but they’re actually amazing family pets, and they’re so funny to watch. I’ve had gerbils since I was about 15 (I’m now 18 going on 19 in 22 days!) This time around I was hoping to get some girls because I had boys last time and wanted to switch it up but they didn’t have any so went for 2 boys instead!! It didn’t take me long to come up with some names for them, rhubarb and custard which I thought were super cute names!
I’ve also been planning Blogmas which is what this post is all about! I’ve decided I’m going to try and put up a post everyday! You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t stay true to my word as December is a very busy month for me, I’ve got an assignment in university due on the 15th and my birthday is then on the 23rd so there’s a lot of things going on this month that will keep me super busy!
I’ve got a lot in store for this month so make sure you keep up to date and follow my blog and Instagram @livewithkatieblog as I will have updates everyday on what I’m up to and sneak peaks for new blog posts!
See you soon,
Hello Lovelies, I hope you’ve all had an amazing weekend! Reading back on my old posts I realised that my Skin Care Routine blog post is now out of date due to using new products!!
To begin with I’ll share a bit of background on my skin type and how my current products differ to my old ones. My current skin type is extremely dry, and I mean really, really dry. I’m currently on a medication called Isotretinoin which is also known as Roaccutane. I’m taking this to finally clear my acne up finally and for good!! One of the major side effects of this medication is extreme dryness. Before starting this my skin was awfully oily and obviously have acne so my skin has drastically changed over the last 2 months.
So, onto my new skin routine which I complete daily before bedtime. I would like to add that every product in my routine is so inexpensive and totally affordable.
I recently have come across another way to take make-up off. I have never used a creamy cleanser before purely because I hate the idea of smudging my make-up all over my face in the hope of getting it off but I recently I came across the Simple Cleansing Lotion in my cupboard from a few months ago that I thought I would try out. I cab’t remember how much I paid for it but it currently retails for £1.69 in Superdrug if you’re after this. Basically, I used this to melt off my make-up and I absolutely loved it. The ingredients are gentle enough for even the most sensitive of skin as well which is an absolute bonus! It leaves your skin feeling so soft and hydrated which is perfect for my dry skin.
Next I use the follow on product which is the Simple Soothing Facial Toner which you can also grab from Superdrug fr £1.59! If I’m completely honest I’m not a massive skin guru and I literally have no idea why I use toner as my skin could probably do without it. I use to clean the remaining bits of cleanser off but I’m not sure what else it does other than leaving the skin feeling fresh and hydrated. Who knows?
After the two Simple products I use the Simply Pure Hydrating Serum from Superdug’s own brand which is only £2.99. This is an absolute bargain for me and leaves my skin feeling so hydrated. It’s not thick at all so it doesn’t leave your skin feeling really heavy or greasy either which is a bonus.
Now the next product none of you would probably guess I would use on my face but for me it’s an absolute essential. Without this my skin would be horribly dry and flaky. This is purely down t the medication and if any of you have been on this medication or are currently taking it you will know exactly what I’m on about! I use the E45 Derma Protect Moisturising Lotion because its so thick and leave my skin so so hydrated after using it! Every night I will put a thick coat of this all over my face before I go to sleep so by the morning it has completely soaked into my skin. The amount of product you get in this bottle is huge as well, 500ML is a lot of product and a little goes a long way, trust me! It retails for £4.99 in Boots but I purchased mine from my local pharmacy for £7.99… I have been totally ripped off. Anyway, if you have normal/oily skin I would definitely recommend avoiding this product as it is very heavy and greasy but brilliant if you have dry skin, especially in these cold months.
That concludes my bed-time skin routine. What products do you use in your skin routine? If you enjoyed reading this let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,
Hello Lovelies, hope you’re all having a lovely day. Today I thought I’d share with you a little tutorial I created using my favourite palette of all time! The Anastasia Beverly Hills Morden Renaissance Palette.
This palette has been my holy grail go-to palette since February when I bought it in New York! I absolutely adore the colours inside. At first glance of the palette I never thought I’d be able to make the pink shades an everyday look but believe me you can.
This palette retails for around £43 which you can purchase from Cult Beauty and other beauty retailers. Yes it’s a little on the expensive side and it’s the most expensive palette I have ever owned. However, it is the best palette I have ever owned as well. The palette contains 14 shades, 11 matte and 3 of which are metallic. All of the eyeshadows are highly-pigmented and the palette definitely lives up to expectations.
Casual Eyeshadow Look
Even if I’m going to work or just going out to do a little bit of shopping I like to have a little bit of colour on my eyelids because I feel like it makes everything come together.
Now by all means I am definitely not a makeup artist so please forgive me if my application isn’t exactly the best. But this is the how I create my everyday eyeshadow look using the Modern Renaissance palette.
- So to start of with I like to put a tiny bit of concealer on my lid to blur out some visible veins and any other discolouration on my lids. I used the NYX Full Coverage Concealer which you can purchase from Boots in the link above for £6.
- Secondly I like to pop just a nude/white eyeshadow colour on as a base and set the concealer down. For this, I used the shade tempera from the Modern Renaissance palette (all shades from now on will be in this palette).
- Next I pick a transition shade to blend all the colours into. For this I used 2 shades, burnt orange and raw sienna which are absolutely beautiful shades. Pop these 2 in the crease and blend as you go.
- Now onto the colour, I am totally in love with the shade love letter it’s such a beautiful pink. I place this onto the outer v of my eye, blending it in towards the middle of my eyelid and into the crease.
- You could probably get away with stopping here if you were looking for something super plain and causal but me, I love a bit of glitter and shine. I like to add the shade Vermeer on the inner part of my eyelid. (from the middle towards the tear duct). My top tip for this part would be to apply the shade with your finger. Sounds crazy I know, why would you apply eyeshadow with your finger but trust me. The pigment is just insane. After applying this, give everything one last blend in.
- I don’t like to leave my lower lash line bare and plain for this look I mixed together love letter and burnt orange and popped that on my lower last line to bring the look together.
- Lastly, pop a bit of mascara on. I used L’Oreal Miss Baby Roll Mega Volume Mascara which you can purchase for around £8.
So this is the final look! It’s perfect for an everyday look and you can totally glam it up if you’re going out somewhere in the evening!
Let me know what you all think of this look!
See you next time with another blog post,