Hello Lovelies, hope you’re all having a lovely day. Today I thought I’d share with you a little tutorial I created using my favourite palette of all time! The Anastasia Beverly Hills Morden Renaissance Palette.
This palette has been my holy grail go-to palette since February when I bought it in New York! I absolutely adore the colours inside. At first glance of the palette I never thought I’d be able to make the pink shades an everyday look but believe me you can.
This palette retails for around £43 which you can purchase from Cult Beauty and other beauty retailers. Yes it’s a little on the expensive side and it’s the most expensive palette I have ever owned. However, it is the best palette I have ever owned as well. The palette contains 14 shades, 11 matte and 3 of which are metallic. All of the eyeshadows are highly-pigmented and the palette definitely lives up to expectations.
Casual Eyeshadow Look
Even if I’m going to work or just going out to do a little bit of shopping I like to have a little bit of colour on my eyelids because I feel like it makes everything come together.
Now by all means I am definitely not a makeup artist so please forgive me if my application isn’t exactly the best. But this is the how I create my everyday eyeshadow look using the Modern Renaissance palette.
- So to start of with I like to put a tiny bit of concealer on my lid to blur out some visible veins and any other discolouration on my lids. I used the NYX Full Coverage Concealer which you can purchase from Boots in the link above for £6.
- Secondly I like to pop just a nude/white eyeshadow colour on as a base and set the concealer down. For this, I used the shade tempera from the Modern Renaissance palette (all shades from now on will be in this palette).
- Next I pick a transition shade to blend all the colours into. For this I used 2 shades, burnt orange and raw sienna which are absolutely beautiful shades. Pop these 2 in the crease and blend as you go.
- Now onto the colour, I am totally in love with the shade love letter it’s such a beautiful pink. I place this onto the outer v of my eye, blending it in towards the middle of my eyelid and into the crease.
- You could probably get away with stopping here if you were looking for something super plain and causal but me, I love a bit of glitter and shine. I like to add the shade Vermeer on the inner part of my eyelid. (from the middle towards the tear duct). My top tip for this part would be to apply the shade with your finger. Sounds crazy I know, why would you apply eyeshadow with your finger but trust me. The pigment is just insane. After applying this, give everything one last blend in.
- I don’t like to leave my lower lash line bare and plain for this look I mixed together love letter and burnt orange and popped that on my lower last line to bring the look together.
- Lastly, pop a bit of mascara on. I used L’Oreal Miss Baby Roll Mega Volume Mascara which you can purchase for around £8.
So this is the final look! It’s perfect for an everyday look and you can totally glam it up if you’re going out somewhere in the evening!
Let me know what you all think of this look!
See you next time with another blog post,